Spring time is that time of the year when your house isn’t the only thing needing a “cleanse”.
Give the following simple tips a try and have your mind and body recharged and ready to enjoy life.
1. Give yourself a timeout: Take a few minutes each day to meditate and reflect on your life. Being grateful for everything, both the good and the bad, can change your perspective and the way your handle your life’s situation. You can even try keeping a diary, it’s very therapeutic.
2. Go outside: Take a walk or run outside in the fresh air or just play with your kids/dog in the grass. The exercise will help release stress and improve your health. Plus you’ll get some much-needed, mood-boosting Vitamin D.
3. Rest and eat plenty of vegetables and fruit: Most of us stay up a lot later during the summer months. Be sure to take care of yourself by getting enough sleep. Your body needs the time to recharge. In addition to that, ensure that you eat plenty of vegetables and fruit to keep your body young and vibrant!
4. Grow a friendship: Nurturing friendships is an integral part of our happiness. Studies have proven that people with strong friendships live a longer life. Catching up, laughing, expressing, sharing and ultimately connecting can do wonders to reduce your stress level and improve your outlook.
5. Release negativity: Happiness doesn’t just happen. Most people have to make the effort and choose to be happy. It’s helpful to remember that you have the power to control your thoughts, not the other way around. Would you talk to your friends the way you talk to yourself? If not, work on thinking more positive things about you, about others, about your life. Practice – it works!
As you spring clean your closet and put those brightly colored clothes front and center, take some time to brighten up your mind and body so you can smile your way through SPRING!